10/17/08

Kmart Run again...

Ok so I got a lot of stuff we actually needed this time, so my total was not exactly pretty. That, and I was distracted at the checkout line today... met a really nice woman and her husband... They were blissfully unaware of the world of free items to be had with coupons. So I was explaining a few things and having a laugh... and totally missed the checkout gal - who was actually nice for once - totally messing up my coupons. I was overcharged about $20 this time, OUCH!! I didn't realize it until I got home and plugged in all of my numbers into my Excel spreadsheet. I think I'll call the store tomorrow and speak with the manager. If it's the same fella I dealt with yesterday, it shouldn't be an issue. He was all kinds of nice, and not a coupon hater.



Since most of you know that I'm a firm believer in letting the husband make his impulse buys - this time it was a Starbuck's Travel Mug with a little bag of coffee inside. Priced at $14.99, was well worth it since he was there to reach all of the stuff my stubby little arms couldn't. Plus now he won't use the kids' travel cups to transport his coffee. Win / Win situation if you ask me. I also impulse bought the bottle of sparkling grape juice that looks like Champagne... Thought that would be really fun for the kids to drink on New Year's Eve... The Swiffer Duster Refill coupon for $2 off was mailed to me by the company after I inquired as to the typical battery life of the Swiffer SweeperVac. (1 year, by the way) Mine died recently, and I wasn't too happy about it. I wasn't aware that they were meant to be disposable. I considered it an appliance, if you will. The Aveeno, KY, and Clean & Clear were all Brick's printables that I had mailed to me. Figured I'd try and see if they doubled since they weren't technically internet PRINTED coupons. They were ones I got in the mail. Cashier didn't question them at all.

The total before coupons were applied was over $220, and after coupons was $71.20. Should have been around $52, but we'll see what happens when I talk to the manager.
Spreadsheet image if you're super curious...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to get some money back after talking to the manager.

Thanks for letting us know about the Swiffer Vac. I haven't purchased it yet, but I thought it looked interesting. I guess I would have thought it was an appliance too. I guess now I won't be purchasing it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin