7/13/08

Kid Friendly Recipe


Chicken "Enchiladas" Verde

I "McGuyvered" this recipe and it's become a repeat/favorite. As with any recipe I make, the measurements are nowhere near being exact. I use the quotes around enchiladas, as I don't roll anything, it doesn't look like an enchilada. I layer these ingredients in my skillet (like a lasagna). Easy to cook, doesn't heat up the house.

1 Can diced tomatoes
Chicken Breast (shredded)*
Tortillas (i use flour)
1 Can Campbell's cream of chicken soup
2 Cans Green Enchilada Sauce**
2 Cups (or more) cheese***

Add shredded chicken, can of tomatoes (w/liquid), can of soup, and half can of green sauce. Heat until creamy. Spread over tortillas in skillet, alternating layers of chicken, tortillas, and sometimes cheese - saving 1 cup at least for the top of the dish. Cook in skillet on medium heat until melted. Serve with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, avocado (if you have on hand)

* I use boneless skinless and boil for 20 mins. You can use the rotisserie chicken, maybe even dark meat (i don't eat dark meat, so i don't know if it's good or not)
** Old El Paso's is MILD, I prefer it. Meijer brand is a little spicier, but also quite good)
*** I use Monterrey Jack, or Mozzarella

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin