11/25/08

FreeRice.com update - I'm addicted!


Go to freerice.com and answer vocabulary questions... "what does this word mean"
It's multiple choice... and for every correct answer, they'll donate 20 grains of rice through the UN Food Program to help end hunger.

So you'll get to help those in dire need, and hey... you'll learn what hemidemisemiquaver means!

I'm reposting this because I want to ask... is anyone else addicted to this? You can change categories... Chemistry Symbols, World Capitols, Countries on a Map, Famous Paintings... I'm having a blast, and so far have "donated" over 20k grains of rice!!! I'm honestly not sure what that means in terms of how many people will be fed, but it's more than if I had never gone to the site.

Add to that that my children like going. Notice I said like, not love. It's true... The older ones like it more than the little guys... But I mean hi, they're on the computer doing something that's educational, free, beneficial to others, and it's not MYSPACE, FACEBOOK, or YOUTUBE. (although my little ones aren't allowed to go to any of those - even the teenagers)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin