10/19/08

Stockpiles...

So I have been looking at the piles of things I have acquired (mostly free) and have wondered what exactly I'm doing with all of this stuff... I know I want to donate it, but haven't really found anywhere that I thought would really appreciate the items... Then I read about Any Soldier, Inc. Basically - you pick a soldier (usually a group) and then send them items that are on their list. I haven't picked anyone yet, mostly because every time I look at the site I begin to cry. Something about knowing how lucky we are to have all that we do... Well it gets to me. I thought I'd share the site with you guys, and ask... Where do you unload all of your goodies?

Update:
Military Care Package Kit

Since Priority Mail service supplies are the packaging of choice for families preparing care packages for service members overseas, the USPS has created a "Mili-kit" based on the items most frequently requested by the military.

The kit contains:

*
Three (3) each of flat rate boxes O-FRB1 and O-FRB2
*
Two (2) each of Cube boxes OBOX7
*
Address labels - Label # 228 8 each
*
Address labels - Label # 106-A 1 each
*
Customs FORM 2976-A 8 EA.
*
Customs FORM 2976-E 8 EA.

The kit may be requested by calling 1-800-610-8734 (Packing Supply) and:

1. Choose your language (1 is English, 2 is Spanish).
2.Choose option 1 (it states it is for Express Mail service, Priority Mail or Global Express Guaranteed).
3. When you reach a live agent, request CAREKIT04.
4. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.

Note: These are free supplies, postage must be affixed.

Additionally, you can find guidelines for packing, addressing, and shipping items to U.S. troops at www.usps.com/supportingourtroops/.

So free supplies, and it's around $11 to ship...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recently, the town next to us was declared a National Disaster Area due to major flooding. I donated to the relief there. Mostly though, I give stuff to my sister who has 6 kids and not too much money.

Anonymous said...

Well that's a great idea too...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin